Sunday, July 16, 2017

Amazon Prime Day Confessions

Amazon Prime Day has come and gone, and yes, I participated. Among the goodies I purchased was a couple of kitchen gadgets that I've been wanting for some time, sooooo,
First up a Yogurt Maker. Yogurt is so easy to make if you got the time and the right equipment. I've made a couple of batches now and am loving it! A quart of milk plus 4 oz or a small container of plain yogurt gives you about 2.5 cups of yummy greek style yogurt. Since the cooking time of the yogurt is nine hours, I just set it up before going to bed and strain the next morning to the consistency I desire, about two hours for a nice creamy whipped cream like texture. Longer if you want a more cheese like thicker product.

The second gadget I got was a vertical spiralizer. It's a new concept for me so definitely still experimenting with it. I spiralized fresh apple to top off my yogurt dessert which consisted of fresh homemade yogurt sweetened with a bit of maple syrup, topped with fresh apple and cinnamon. Delicious!
The spiralizer is easy to use but don't know if I really care for it. Still it was less than $20 so if you could get bigger "noodles" it might have more use. I'm sure that there are better brands out there for that.


I also spiralized a potato into curly fries? Sort of. It did put out nice long strings of spirals. I soaked in water for a few minutes so they won't turn grey, yuck! Then I drained, and removed as much moisture as I could with my salad spinner. Now the salad spinner is one of my all time favorite gadgets! Then I tossed the potato spirals with a bit of salt, pepper and about a teaspoon of olive oil to coat.
 Into my air fryer for about 14 minutes. The potatoes came out very crispy and frankly delicious! Would be great as "nest" like you see in the fancy restaurants or maybe to drop a soft boiled into the nest for breakfast. Anyway, I just ate them as is. Tasted just like potato chips but with hardly any oil.  All the flavor but without the guilt! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enemy of the People??

News media sources are not the enemy of the people. Main stream news organizations do indeed have political leanings (FOX News, CNN etc) ...